How I Learned to Deal With Stress



I understood that I had to make some changes to my life when I began getting panic attacks. After being taken to the emergency room and taken a look at, the medical professionals were sure that my heart was in great condition and that I had been having a panic attack.

To me, it felt much, much even worse than a panic attack, which constantly seemed to me as if that was for individuals who were nervous individuals. A couple of weeks later on I began having the exact same signs and consulting with my own physician, and he said the exact same thing. I couldn't comprehend what I was hearing. When he provided me a prescription for anxiety medication I chose not to take it as I wanted to see how I could get on by myself without taking tablets. I wanted to fully understand exactly what was going on.

The first thing I did was to give up coffee and anything else with caffeine. That was one of the hardest things I have actually had to do in my life, and I still miss it. I did some reading and found information that recommended that, while it probably wasn't causing my panic attacks, it was definitely making my anxiety even worse. I do feel much calmer now since I stopped drinking coffee.

Next, I stopped hanging around unhealthy people. I knew a lot of unhealthy and toxic people at my job. No-one truly liked the work we did, so it was easy to be negative, nasty and sarcastic, which is exactly what most people did. I realised that if I wished to stop feeling so stressed out that I had to hang around people who weren't as unlikable as the stress they were going through. Some work colleagues didn't understand why I was distancing myself, but I absolutely am glad I did keep my distance.

I tried doing a lot of different things. The only thing that seems to help me is guided meditation. I discovered that if I meditate in the morning that I feel much better in the morning, which has the positive effect of getting more things done.

I also started exercising so I could reduce the stress in my life. Not too much, simply a few days a week of light workouts in the local gym.

I'm taking steps to leave my job today, as a matter of fact. While I'm feeling much better, that will most likely do the trick. As I pointed out, I do not like my work at all, and I can now see that it is making me ill. I can constantly find another suitable job without being surrounded by toxic people.

I understand that I still have some work to do, however, because making the above changes I feel better with my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where To Buy Camping Gear And Supplies

Armagh Caravan Sales

First Super Blue Blood Moon Eclipse in over 150 years